Bubba Jeep RIP

Hey everyone, I'm delurking to write this because you guys are the only ones who will understand my misery. I lost my beloved Bubba Jeep today to a GMC Sierra that ran a stop sign while we were on our way to work, his top down for the first time in weeks, enjoying the great weather. Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt except for my Jeep. Both air bags deployed and he held his ground and didn't roll, probably saving my life. Bubba was a '99 TJ that I bought brand new and "built especially" for me in October of 1998. We didn't really ever go off-road because he was a daily driver and being female, I'm not much of a mechanic. I want to thank you guys for all your advice that I've lurkingly gotten from this newsgroup. I did learn to change his air filter and clean his throttle body thanks to your great instructions. I just had a cracked manifold replaced last month and when trying to decide between OEM and Borla, my husband asked, "What does Jerry Bransford say?" Great site, by the way Jerry, from another Nancy. I've checked in to this group practically every day for five years now and being a Jeep owner is part of my identity. I'm hoping that I can convince my husband that I need to buy another TJ, but nothing can replace my first love. I apologize for the sappiness, please accept a Jeep wave and my deepest thanks for the last five years.

Nancy

Reply to
Nancy

Sorry to hear that! *wave* Now, hurry off and get another one. Call it 'therapy', your husband will understand. Then hurry back here and post a picture! :-)

-Kris

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Nancy) wrote in news:d193862.0406081750.110316c8 @posting.google.com:

Reply to
Kris

Sorry to hear about your accident, glad you're unharmed. As for convincing your husband that you need another Jeep, tell him Jerry Bransford recommended it! But seriously, if you have to replace your vehicle, why not drive something that makes you happy?

On behalf of the group, thank you for your kind words and we hope your next post will be "Got my new Jeep Unlimited!!"

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Nancy did pass the time by typing:

Bummer. :(

What's important is your ok. Sounds like you got hit fairly hard. Make certain you see your doctor because some injuries take time to appear.

Still, glad to hear you didn't get hurt. Jeeps can be replaced, people can't.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I can't tell is you talk about this group as though we are equivelent to the Betty Ford Clinic for Jeeps, or if we need the Betty Ford Clinic for Jeeps.

Hi, My name is Jeff, and I have a Jeep ... Thank you. The other day I was on the Jeep newsgroup and a lurker came out of lurking to report her Jeep had been t-boned by a wayward GMC something-or-other. Anyway, she knocked some sense into me by reminding me I had been away from The Clinic for so long. I know I need to come here for support, but I just think that I can do it on my own. I stay away and try to cope with my Jeep addiction, but I always find myself back on the newsgroup . I know I am weak and need The Clinic, but I just like to try it by myself. The lurker that delurked for a brief moment said JerryB has a good site, and she also said she comes to the newsgroup to check in often. She really just lurks because I think she is afraid. Afraid of what? I don't know. I know we all share an addiction to Jeeps, and most of us don't spend enough time of money at The Clinic, but after spending our kid's ice cream money on parts, there just isn't enough left for The Clinic. I didn't notice how weak I was until she dropped out of the shadows to report her loss. She will be getting a new Jeep soon as a result of the accident. She is hooked and needs The Clinic, just like me. She Jeeps topless too. It is sad the way Jeeps ruin lives.

Reply to
CRWLR

LOL

Really?

Reply to
William Oliveri

Honey, most of us Jeep topless in one respect or the other (or both).

Reply to
jbjeep

So very sorry to hear that. Glad you are ok! Bubba did his job and took care of you...thats whats important. Get thee out and find a new Jeep!! =)

-jenn

(PS - quit lurking, they are mostly harmless)

Reply to
jbjeep

I hope I never see one. Seeing a woman driving a jeep is an eye catcher, especially a CJ. Seeing one topless would make me drive right off the road. Ha ha ha.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Either last summer or the summer before, two ladies got pulled over on one of our highways driving topless in a topless Jeep. They were asked to please cover up because they were becoming a traffic hazard.

It is legal up here for either sex to go topless. We even have nude beaches.

Mike

William Oliveri wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain