Buy 98 Cherokee or not?

Two local dealers (Denver) have 98 Cherokees for around $6k. I have seen private party 96 cherokees advertised for $6k.

I searched groups and found some complaints about transmission or transfer case noise, recent post about rear-end failing eveutually ("not if, but when").

Any reason I should not buy one of these?

They are around 100,000 mi each, both 5-speed manual (I am looking for manual) and I am pretty sure I-6 engine. Both 4wd

BTW, I have owned 2 87 Cherokees for 6 and 8 years, respectively, so I know the beast pretty well.

Charles.

Reply to
Charles

Charles.

The price seems high for the miles I paid $3000 for my 96 auto, power windows, remote door locks and mag rims. You may want a 5 speed but most, me, want a auto so it should be cheaper. At times almost half he price of a auto.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Yeah, autos are a dime a dozen. 5-speeds are a bit rarer. One salesman said only 5& of the vehicles made were manual.

In Colorado, manual transmissions are in more demand than in other parts of the US. Also, in Colorado, 4WD vehicles do command their price.

Charles.

Jo Bo wrote:

Reply to
Charles