Carter WO Stalling - HELP!

My 1953 Volvo has a Carter WO carburetor and when I decellerate, the engine stalls. I have installed a repair kit, replacing the gaskets, float bowl
needle valve and cleaned the carburetor thoroughly. I have checked for vaccum leaks and replaced the exhaust pipe gasket. There doesn't seem to be any change and for a while couldn't get the carburetor to idle at all. The car sat idle since 1997 so this problem may have either developed during its inactivity or been there when the car was last driven.
Can anyone relate to the stalling symptom on your Jeep or Willys and give me some suggestions to look into
Thanks... Cam -- Cameron Price Newington, Ontario, Canada
http://cvolvo.com snipped-for-privacy@cvolvo.com
1953 PV444 "E" #54940 3,810 km 1953 PV444 "E" #61576 1960 P 120 Amazon #046279 2,498 miles 1980 262C #6618 244,845 km 2004 XC70 AWD 4,839 km
F2000SL 4,309.5 km Cannondale Volvo Team Replica R600 2,882.5 km Cannondale road bike Jekyll 3000 4,653.0 km Cannondale Volvo Team Replica
TACX i-Magic Indoor Virtual Trainer 902.33 km
Whats a Volvo? Is that a processed cheese?
Brad 1981 CJ5

Ghostbuster did pass the time by typing:

Don't girls have them?