Champion Winches

Just lookin' for some feedback on the 8000lb Champion winch...anyone own one of these?? I jus picked one up at Costco for $399. Cnd... comes with mounting plate, winch, roller fairlead, 100ft cable, hook and snatch block...I figured it would be fine for self recovery...I don't think it's the type of winch that I'll sit at the top of a hill pulling up 10 Jeeps with...

TIA Jeff

-- Jeff '03 TJ & '95 ZJ

Reply to
Jeff

Wow!

I have no clue on the quality, but the mount plate, roller fairlead and snatch block cost about what you paid just by themselves and you got a winch to boot....

Do you know if they sell just the snatch block by itself?

Mike

Jeff wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Doubtless Chinese made, but maybe a good deal if it gets you unstuck a few dozen times before it burns up. Did you get it at Bayer's Lake? How many were left on the shelf? They had 8Klb Chinese winches over at Princess Auto for about the same price, but not including the plate and fair lead.

Please post a scan or pic of the specs page from the manual.

Steve

Jeff wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Holly

Hey Steve ...yepp got it at Bayers Lake...I got the last one though...but the lady said they were expecting more...so prolly best to keep checkin' yepp it's a deal for everything u get...I'm taking it to a motor shop to have all the connectors checked for proper soldering before install...

-- Jeff '03 TJ & '95 ZJ

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I would say everyting as a price according to quality now, but the most important fact is to fill your need

if you are buying a cheaper items because you cant afford the one you would really like chance are that you wont like your new item..... Or that it will quickly not fill your need and will be resell Half price...Or worse Burn and throw in the can.

it's a bad choice to buy a Toyota Corolla to tow your 3000 Pound boat and a bad choice to buy a Hummer to rock climbing...

My 2 cents

"Jeff" a écrit dans le message de news: g6HUd.12359$LN5.3524@edtnps90...

Reply to
Patrick

Man you guys are buying stuff in my old stomping grounds... That Bayers Lake complex used to be my back roads that started at the top of the street my parents still live on. The chain lakes you can just see to the east and down the hill through the bush have trails to them and we use to hike, off road, skate in the winter and canoe them all the time. I even managed to sneak my Jeep in to Susi lake, the first one of the chain, last trip back, The trail still goes along the edge of a gravel pit off the Bi Hi to get in there. I'll bet my skinny BFG mud prints are still there... I got a photo of my Jeep at the shore of Susi lake that trip. It is an old quarry in there on the second lake where they got all the granite for building downtown streets way back when so the water level on the chain lakes is dam controlled before the feed into the Kearney lake system.

Mike

Jeff wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

The scenery at Suzie's Lake can be a bit of a 'bummer' at times:

Steve

Mike Roma> Man you guys are buying stuff in my old stomping grounds...

Reply to
Steve

LOL! I was wondering why some folks were moving a bit fast when we showed up down the trail on the other side in the CJ7.

Crystal Crescent Beach also used to be a favorite hang out when we were kids and we were there too last trip down. Tubing festivals on the Gasperau River were a blast (just below the dam, who knew what was above?) ;-) and those Bridgetown girls, well.......

I think I moved away too soon......

Mike

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Haha....!! I had just started a new job out in VAncouver and a female coworker invited me along for a hike. Sure....ended up at Wreck beach on Christmas day and you'd be surprised what kind of decorations were about! Some dude wearing a sweater (was a real sweater not back fur) and mud boots....nothing else!! lol

Reply to
SteveBrady

Man oh man...nobody has one of these?? out of all the visitors on this NG I would have figured that someone would have had experience with this Champion winch

-- Jeff '03 TJ & '95 ZJ

Reply to
Jeff

I've searched high and low.

I haven't seen any info on these at all.

I figure they're chinese.

Reply to
matt

Reply to