Cherokee question

OK, I've owned 3 Cherokee's and 2 Wrangler's. All have been '93-'95 model years. I know that in '97 the Wrangler changed(not really interested in a coil spring Wrangler), but how long did the Cherokee's keep the same body/drive train? I'm in the market for another(not sure if YJ or XJ quite yet)and want to stay with the 4.0 that I'm familiar with.

Reply to
Old Crow

Never did follow the XJ too closely.

The 4.0 changed to a coil rail system but far as I remember not much else changed. 2001 has a different short-block called out. Faintly remember a problem with cracking blocks for one year. might dig through the replacement parts at chryslerpartsdirect.com, they usually have model year runs for various bits. Probably the best thing is better OBD.

Thought about a used Rubicon? Those things were built quite well.

Reply to
DougW

I sold my '95 YJ to my son when his Lincoln took a dump. I've been driving the classic F100 to work, but in a couple of months I'll be in a position to buy another Jeep. I've been looking for another YJ, but good used ones around here are like hen's teeth, and twice as expensive. Thought I might look for a good Cherokee, as I kinda liked the one my wife used to drive and they seem to be cheaper to purchase. Probably won't go much newer than '00 or so if I go Cherokee, '95 if I find a nice Wrangler. Of course, if a decent CJ shows up I might forget my attachment to fuel injection. :-)

Reply to
Old Crow

"Old Crow" wrote I sold my '95 YJ to my son when his Lincoln took a dump. I've been driving the classic F100 to work, but in a couple of months I'll be in a position to buy another Jeep. I've been looking for another YJ, but good used ones around here are like hen's teeth, and twice as expensive. Thought I might look for a good Cherokee, as I kinda liked the one my wife used to drive and they seem to be cheaper to purchase. Probably won't go much newer than '00 or so if I go Cherokee, '95 if I find a nice Wrangler. Of course, if a decent CJ shows up I might forget my attachment to fuel injection. :-)

Reply to
Kate

Yeah, it is. Just a bit outa my reach though. Probably worth every penny to him, but I'm not really interested in something that's that modded out. I'd be happy with a stock 4 cyl 5 spd. YJ. About the only add-on I really want is a sound bar.

Reply to
Old Crow