cherokee rear wheel bearing replacement?

Hi everyone - Just a quick word of thanks. This is a great source of information and eveyone has been very helpful. Now my next question. What is involved in replacing the rear wheel bearings on a 95 Cherokee? Thanks in advance. David

Reply to
D&LBusch

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

David,

If you didn't get your question answered you might try the North American XJ Association,

They have an excellent forum discussing everthing you could want to know about XJ's and without all the noise we get here.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Just did a quick search and came up with this...

"Very easy. put rear on jackstands, remove wheels and brake drums. Remove diff cover, carrier cross shaft retaining pin, and cross shaft. Slide axles in slightly, and remove c clips. Remove axle shafts. Using a puller, remove bearings and seals. Re-install in reverse order, being sure to lube the seal lip."

They were talking about a 97 but yours is probably the same.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Jeff, you're like a week late. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Sorry, guess I miseed the answer in all the noise.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt