choosing a selectable locker

I am getting ready to put a Dana 44 rear end in my 89 Jeep Wrangler and want to put in a locker. I am considering going with a selectable locker because I do drive my jeep on pavement quite a bit and we take several trips to the snow each year. I don't want to go with an ARB locker-too much work and was interested in hearing about experiences with the Eaton Elocker. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
janette

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Another option is the Detroit Electrac. Operates as a helical gear-based limited slip when unlocked.

I don't have any experience with the Electrac, but I do have something similar: an OEM Tru-Lok pulled from a Wrangler Rubicon. It too is selectable with a helical gear limited slip when unlocked. Very nice to have the LSD always there - transparent on pavement, great traction and handling in the snow.

Steve

janette wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Not many people like the Detroit Electrac due to its external solenoid mechanism being so exposed and vulnerable to trail damage. I know it'd never survive the rocks my TJ tends to get wheeled in.

Jerry

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Am I reading right Bill, are you suggesting a spool for a street vehicle?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III