CJ-7 hard top on an 8?

is there anyone out there with a scrambler that has a cj-7 hard top on it? i have only seen one picture with one and cant seem to find it anymore... didn't look too bad, plus the guys in the back seat are dry and warm in the winter.

other than fabbing a bulkhead for behind the rear seat and cutting the aft lower corners of the top to match the scrambler tub lines, i don't see too much else to it.

Reply to
hammertime

hammertime ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) wrote on Tuesday 23 September 2003 11:32 am:

Hammertime,

I've got a CJ8, but just the standard top. I could be wrong, but I thought the CJ8's rollbar sat up higher than the CJ7's. The top of the roll bar is above the top of my CJ8's hard top.

Just something to think about.

Reply to
Michael White

Reply to
hammertime

Reply to
twaldron

Now, that would be something to see. A top longer than the vehicle. Hmmm...

To the original poster, you might check ebay before modifying a CJ7 top. They periodically sell the full lenth CJ8 hard tops on there. Price is about $1000.

Reply to
Joshua Nelson

Actually Josh, there is a CJ8 top that is a short version that covers the front seats only, this is the one that we put on CJ7s and even CJ5s.

Putting a CJ7 top onto a CJ8 would give a similar outcome, except longer, the rear most portion of the vehicle would not be covered. In a CJ5 or 7 with the short CJ8 top, or the CJ8 with a CJ7 top, there would need to be a new bulkhead fabricated where the back of the top met the tub.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I have a full soft top.

83 CJ 8, a work in progress