clocking a d300 with t176

how easy is it? do i need that adapter plate i've seen sold in a couple of places? i've also heard of people just unbolting the t-case, rotating it and bolting it back up, not using one of the bolts. thanks!

Reply to
serg

Hi Fellas, Somebody educate me here. What exactly is "clocking" and why would you do it? I know I've heard the term before it escapes me this time. o_o_o_o Best Regards, /| ,[_____], Jim, WP3JQ |¯¯¯L --O|||||||O- ()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯¯¯ )_) EM60qk 30.447439N 086.628959W

Reply to
Drink

You can physically turn the t-case to get more bottom clearance with a custom skid plate.

When you do this, you need to drill new bolt holes in the new 'clocked' position.

There are sites out there with the degrees you can go for various Jeeps.

You then need to bend the shifter and change the hole a bit I think.

Mike

Mike Romain

I have done it with my D300 on my NV4500. I had to do a bit of grinding to get the nuts to tighten flat in the tranny.

I have yet to actually drive the Jeep. :>/

The bottom of my Jeep is nearly flat. Nearly.

Reply to
Jeepers

You can use a clocking ring to avoid drilling any holes, or in some applications you can just clock the transfer case and use all but one of the existing holes.

I use a clocking ring from Go2Guy Engineering. Advance Adapters makes one as well, but more $$ for essentially the same thing.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

thanks everybody! i'm going to take a look at my setup to see if i can just clock it without the ring-if not, i guess i'll be buying one later on....

Reply to
serg