CLUNKING WHILE TURNING LEFT

Hello all. I will make this as brief as possible. I know this question has been asked before, but I have not seen it for the recent years jeeps. I have a 2006 Wrangler X (10,000 miles on it) with the

4L six cylinder engine and 6 speed manual tranny. I have noticed lately that when making a left turn during a slow rate of speed, I am getting what sounds like a clunk or pop noise. It only clunks/pops one time, and it happens while I am taking off from a dead stop or driving very s-l-o-w-l-y to make a left turn. I have yet to hear it while attempting to make a right turn. After I take my foot off the brake and start to let the clutch out while accelerating and making the turn is when I hear the clunk/pop. About halfway into the turn is when I am hearing the clunk/pop. I never hear it at higher speeds (above 10 mph). And to add to the fun of all this, it does not do it all the time. Only intermittently as it sees fit to do so.

Just one more piece of information -- I just had the clutch replaced about 2500 miles ago due to a faulty clutch pedal (it was sticking while letting it out, so the dealership just replaced the whole clutch assy). I have noticed that while letting the clutch out or pushing it in, it makes a clicking noise (just one click). Could this have anything to do with the clunk I am hearing? (i.e. clutch pedal linkage, etc.) Also, my steering wheel creaks on ANY given turn that I make. Any idea what this could be caused by?

Any information or help you can give me on these couple of issues would be greatly appreciated. I am not mechanically inclined, and would like to take my rig to the dealership since I am sure that these problems should be covered under the original warranty. However, I would also like to know what I am talking about when I get there so that I don't get taken "advantage of" for lacking the knowledge to understand things. THANK YOU!

Reply to
Tracie

The clunking/popping could be any of several things: bad steering knuckle U joint and bad/loose track bar come to mind first. But both of those issues tend to be in higher mileage jeeps. Cracked/broken motor or tranny mounts is another possibility.

Your descripti> Hello all. I will make this as brief as possible. I know this

Reply to
RoyJ

I'll second the track bar mount. CV joints and U joints usually pop on any turn, left or right. Mounts usually pop on heavly load or acceleration.

For ref

DougW