cold start sluggishness

First thing you'll have to overcome is how to block off EGR on a vehicle that's not equipped with it.

Reply to
bllsht

Good point! :-)

Reply to
bllsht

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. IMO, EGR porting is nothing more than a poorly-controlled vacuum leak; increase or decrease the flow into the intake manifold below the carburetor venturi and the fuel mixture changes. This can be easily demonstrated by disconnecting the diaphram vacuum tube, apply enough suction to open the pintle valve to introduce lots of inert exhaust gas, and observe the engine die immediately from an excessively lean mixture. Smog techs often used this method to verify proper EGR valve operation.

Reply to
Outatime

If what you're selling is correct, then why use exhaust gas? Why not just create a vacuum leak? Because lean is not the answer to preventing NOx formation. In fact, leaning out the mixture will increase combustion temp and NOx production.

The engine dies when EGR is applied at idle because the cylinder is filled with inert gas that won't burn. Not because it's lean. That's the way EGR works. No agreeing to disagree. It is what it is.

Reply to
bllsht

Craig was right, /most/ people stop playing this game around 8 years old.

Which is still a year or two beyond Slick Billy's intellectual age.

Man, he really is an internet Peeping Tom.......

Reply to
bubonic

Yeah - that is what I was thinking on the whistle. I will check all the temp controlled vacuum lines and switches first. They may be two separate problems that happen to coincide. I guess the reason I figured my choke wasn't the culprit is that at idle it runs perfectly throughout the warmup period and the bogging doesn't start happening until the whistle begins and then goes away when the whistling becomes quieter again at operating temperature.

Mike Roma> I think I would first be looking at the air filter flaps and their

Reply to
Deano

but..... They still bring a smile to your face when

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Who have you squashed? Craig

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 11:51:31 -0800, L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote (in article ):

Craig Scheiner

My question exactally!

-- Some people are like slinkies.......... they are not really good for anything, but..... They still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Reply to
Mike G.

Yes it sure is, so when are you leaving anonymous war coward, fat German beer guzzler, while others died in Nam.

:> Well I don't have to lie in the process of eliminating them. And :>this is the best way to squash anonymous cowards.

:>

:>"Mike G." wrote: :>> :>> Only person being made a fool of is YOU Billy Boy! :>> :>> -- :>> Some people are like slinkies.......... they are not really good for anything, but..... They still bring a smile to your face when :>> you push them down a flight of stairs.

Reply to
24Bit

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

You tried this one before, Bloater, and came up with /one/.

This time let's see /plenty/; after all you save everything. If you did succeed (as opposed to suck seed), you'd have an archive of them. You make the claim, now offer up some proof of your claim.

And whil you're at it, why don't you tell the truth (hope that word didn't set your monitor on fire) about what you mean by 'squashed' and 'taking someone's IP' ?? The /truth/, lardball.

That truth is a far cry from what people usually think, and it's a good 'cheater' example of how you think you have some power.

Put it on the table, Übermensch.

Reply to
bubonic

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

On this day of this month, in a year likely to be unrecorded in human history, L.W.(Bill) Hughes III bluffed very poorly.

Cogent lines:

Interesting date.

The end of 2002; reported four years ago!

States the acct. is closed? No, just that the complaint report has been closed!

And it's a spam report, not abuse, as far as I can tell.

He informed them (whinged like a little gurrllll), but did not supply complete or useable data.

No indication that Billy had anything whatsoever with the closing of this account. After FOUR years, it could have closed for any number of reasons.

A squealing, bleating pig's comments are hardly gonna get anyone's account closed. Especially when.....

they couldn't even identify the source of Billy's ire and sexual frustration.

Yep.

Loser.

Reply to
bubonic

Well, say "Hi!" for me......

Now:

Chicken turkey duck chicken turkey duck chicken turkey duck chicken turkey duck.

Crossposted fowl language.

Hope it helps.

BTW, you've been reporting me for how long now? Two-plus /years/? And all I've ever heard from my ISP is that they think /you/ are a jerk.

Why is that, Billy? Any ideas?

And why, every time you say you 'just need a few more posts' to shut someone down, you always get the posts, but still nothing happens?

Ever?

Why not, Billy, why not?

Reply to
bubonic

Typo, actual header:

for ; Sat, 12 Oct 2002 01:43:09 -0400 Received: from northrelay03.pok.ibm.com (northrelay03.pok.ibm.com [9.56.224.151]) by e6.ny.us.ibm.com (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g9C5h9Dn037292 for ; Sat, 12 Oct 2002 01:43:09 -0400 Received: from BLDVMB.POK.IBM.COM (bldvmb.pok.ibm.com [9.117.222.139]) by northrelay03.pok.ibm.com (8.12.3/NCO/VER6.4) with ESMTP id g9C5h85F018760 for ; Sat, 12 Oct

2002 01:43:08 -0400 Message-ID: Received: by BLDVMB.POK.IBM.COM (IBM VM SMTP Level 320) via spool with SMTP id 5298 ; Fri, 11 Oct 2002 23:42:59 MDT Date: Sat, 12 OCT 2002 01:43:04 (-0400 GMT) From: snipped-for-privacy@PRSERV.NET To: CC: Subject: [Fwd: How Many People in this NewsGroup (REF:#_CSSEMAIL_0642277) X-Mozilla-Status: 9001 X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000 X-UIDL:
Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Well, that would certainly explain your repeated failures of all kinds.

Are they completely gone, or just too shriveled to locate?

Had no idea, Billy, too bad.

Looks like you're gonna have to move to Lost Cojones Estates, up in the Simin Valley....

Reply to
bubonic

If you can get accounts closed for using foul words, let's see you get ATM's account closed.

Craig

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:46:25 -0800, L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote (in article ):

Craig Scheiner