"Compass by Jeep is not traditional"

Compass by Jeep is not traditional If you're a die-hard traditionalist, the 2007 Compass is certainly not a traditional Jeep. But it is more of a Jeep than any of its competitors. at

Mike

"Mike" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

I haven't seen a Jeep Compass yet but they compare it to the Dodge Caliber and on my last trip I rented a Caliber and found it an absolutely terrific little car! Amazingly ugly but wonderfully comfortable and practical with excellent performance. A much better car than the Neon it replaces.

The Jeep Compass is built on a similar platform, it's almost the same car so it won't be in any way shape or form a Jeep but it will be a pretty nice car and should give Jeep dealers a good seller.

Check it out:

XS11E

Mike proclaimed:

Once you realize that all Jeeps are just glofied K-Cars these days, you can usually manage to move on with your life to something important like less filling vs tastes great.

Reply to
Lon

What was wrong with K-Cars?

Reply to
billy ray

Eww! I remember, when the K car came out my Ex was working at the Dodge dealership. He wanted to buy me one of those boxy convertibles... it was brown. I wholeheartedly discouraged him and told him I'd rather just play with my old Chebby Truck (74 4x4 short bed - ugly and I loved it!) So, it was lucky for me I never had to drive one. Instead, I got a high rise, an RV cam, a 650 double pumper, 33's, a lift, enough chrome and braided stainless under the hood to blind you (it was the thing back then - ok!) and some new paint. Oh yea! Damn I loved that old truck.

Back then I was young (and much thinner) enough I could just climb up into the engine compartment and sit on the inner fender well to work on it

Now I couldn't hike my fat ass up there if my life depended on it. *sigh*

Hmmmm... must be nostalga week.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

I drove an '84 for 160,000 miles. It was one of the most trouble free vehicles I ever owned.

It was still running strong when I sold it to a co-worker who still drives it.

The only breakdown was a timing belt at 120k. The belt, labor, towing, and the taxi home was a little over $250. (the taxi alone was $52)

Reply to
billy ray

A lot of things, but they worked well enough for a lot of people and helped Chrysler to survive (with the help of a loan from us), long enough to get taken over by the Germans.

Jeff DeWitt

billy ray wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

My copy of this page popped up with a Volvo ad on it. ;^)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton