D35 axle bearings

You are not far off. I caught the "ASE Certified" technician walking over to my jeep with a mig welder and asked him what he was doing. This bright fellow was going to weld a spring pin on the new pads because they didn't come with one.

Some of us would have double checked part numbers first, don'tcha think....

Last time I ever went there. Didn't even let them finish the work. I did it myself on their lift. Only reason I was there is it was cold and pissing miserable outside and there was too much junk in the garage.

I "fondly" remember JiffyScrew. They put the oil pan bolt on my Chevy so tight I had to use an air chisel to remove it. I swear they must have been doing chinups on the torque wrench.

Reply to
DougW

You ain't seen tight until you twist the head completely off with an air wrench! Had to drill that one out and re-thread the hole. I have no idea how they cinched it down that tight without stripping something.

What a mess I made that day.....

Reply to
Will Honea

Ah, thanks for that laugh! probably also put a thread locker on it too, probably one of the heat removeable Loctite formulas at that.

Reply to
PeterD

I'm sure it was a mess, drilling into something that will once you get through, spurt oil all over the fricking drill, floor, and you. Considering that the torque spec is typically about 15 lb/ft, it can surprise you.

Reply to
PeterD