front axle bearings

I am trying to remove the bearing that are in the front axle tubes. They are the ones that the control arms go into, I think that they are needle bearings of I am correct. The manuals say to use a "toggle bolt", so I tried a toggle washer, but it just broke. anyone have any idea on how to get them out? Thanks George Taylor

Reply to
george taylor

..............I put a big vicegrip on a small gear puller and coaxed the outer one out by pulling on it with my hands. I used the new inner one to push the old inner one further in and left both of them after the new one reached its proper depth. Use some heavy on those roller bearings or they'll fall out of place while you're monkeying around with them.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

.........uh......I meant to say 'heavy grease' or maybe it should have been thick grease.

whatever

Reply to
Tim Rogers