D44 question

I had the d35 replaced on my TJ a while back with a Dana44, and now I was researching something about axles and I dont know if it's a full floating axle or a semi floating?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if I break an axle in the rear then a plate on the end will keep my wheel from rolling out with the axle on it like the d35's? The D44 that's on it came from the dealership for the TJs, so its not a junkyard special from another vehicle.

Troy

Reply to
Troy

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

'member this??!!??

--- Original message --- i have a 93 YJ while off roading in france i broke the half shaft and the back wheel fell off. Does anyone know of a kit to keep wheels on in the event of it happening again?

--- response 1 --- We have an old country-western song that goes by the title, You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me Loose Wheel. It was a real hit over here, and is a still favorite at karaoke bars.

--- response 2 --- Four rusted lug nuts and a leaky grease seal. You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.

... went on some hill climbs. Been through some pond slime, but this time we're late for a meal.. You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.

Reply to
jbjeep

I should have known there is nothing new under the sun, I've got my own version of that song that I've had for years... since the rear wheel of my one and only VW came off. (it was a 74 Squareback, pretty nifty little two door station wagon... hmm, same body style as my Cherokee and the 57 Studebaker wagon I also had for a while back then)

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

90 miles and hour and curves ahead I think that I shall soon surely be dead You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel

Jeff DeWitt

jbjeep wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt