TJ rear axle

I have heard that a rear axle from a 1995 or newer grand cherokee with a V8 is a Dana44 and will bolt right under my 2002 TJ. Brakes and all. I was looking for some confirmation on this??? If so, is the grand cherokee axle any wider than the dana35?

I have the Dana35 right now and I am not too crazy about the whole "C" clip axle setup.

Also, just out of curiosity, where might I find a Dana60 instead of the Dana44?

Dave

I'd get comfirmation on this, but I believe I was told that the Dana 44's used under the GC's also use a c-clip design.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

The Dana 44 used in V8-equipped Grand Cherokees is different in that it uses an aluminum housing instead of cast iron like the Dana 44 used in TJs is made from. Plus it is different enough that most lockers and limited slips won't fit into it.

I would just keep an eye out for a used Dana 44 out of a TJ, they show up on the various Jeep forum For Sale sections every so often.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford