Detroit in CJ

Just had my CJ7 out for first time with detroit in the rear, I had no idea it would make that much difference, it makes about twice as much difference as going from a two wheel drive to a 4 wheel drive, or in other words it is about 4 times more capable. And for Mike, only a little snow here, but I tried it on 2" of ice, that was deffinately interesting, although I don't know what it would be like with open diff on the same ice. Anyway after seeing what the rear locker can do I may just have to invest in the cromoly front axles and 760 U joints and then a locker in front.

Reply to
Greg

An open diff just tends to track straighter on ice. The one 'free' wheel acts like a rudder.

I do 'lock' mine up now and then when I need to, to get going. My brake pedal does a decent job of getting both back tires spinning if needed.

Mike

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Keep in mind, that locker just means you can get twice as stuck as you used to get.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland