do i need a high lift jack?

well yeah....... put a block under it to make it higher - so it will reach the axle......

Reply to
Carlo Jr.

The 70's were the last cars that were built like that. I learned to drive on a '76 Oldmobile Custom Cruiser, we called it "The Tank." Seated 8, with that flip-up "way-back" seat, rear tailgate was motorized and disappeared under the floor, rear glass slid into the roof. 455 V-8, curb weight according to the registration was 5,000#. You couldn't break that thing if you tried. And yes, it had that ratchet jack tha hooked into the bumper.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

It doesn't have to be suicide, you just have to be sure that you put something under your truck in case it decides to fall. I will be the very first to admit that changing a tire with a HiLift is a bad plan, but it can be done in a pinch.

The only real reason to have a HiLift is to get unstuck, either by lifting the vehicle to place rocks under a tire, or using it as a winch to pull the vehicle off of the obsticle. (I have never used my jack as a winch, but many have.)

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

That's it except ours was a light cream with fake woodgrain trim. Looked more like the first pic from the page you lifted your pic from

* * * Matt Macchiarolo

Matt Macchiarolo

Yep.

I remember an Olds from the sixties that had a bunch of

We also had a '72 Vista Cruiser, based on the Cutlass platform. Had the moonroof over the passenger seating. Similar to pic but painted yellow! Sold it before I started to drive.

* * * Matt Macchiarolo

Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

The jack actually has 2 collapsable extensions inside. when you think you've got it all the way up, keep cranking nad another

6" section will keep raising......put it under the axle to jack the Jeep and you'll have no problem with 35-37" tires.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keating