Dome light problem

I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty Sport. I am having problems with the dome light staying on and running the battery down. I have had it checked by my local jeep dealer and they say that they can't find anything wrong with the electrical system. I have checked to see if all doors and the rear window and tail gate are closed when this happens and all doors and windows are closed properly and the light stays on until I open and close a door and then it works properly and shuts off after a few seconds like it is supposed too. It only happens occasionally, but when it happens, if I don't notice that the light didn't shut off it runs the battery down and I have to get a boost to start it. Has anyone else had this problem or any idea what might be causing the problem? Thanks for any input that will help solve the problem.

Reply to
Fred

Fred did pass the time by typing:

Not having a schematic, I'm left at guessing.

But my first guess would be a badly adjusted door switch that doesn't quite break contact. Which begs the question; do your lights turn on when your on the road or at other random times?

What position is the dimmer in? Is it up against the constant on?

If it were my zj doing that I'd suspect the entry module was failing. Because the only time it didn't shut off was when a door sensor broke.

If you have a remote, will arming the alarm/locking the doors/ turn off the light?

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
philthy