Dual Top Option

Several of you ask "Did you get the dual top option?"

You guys were laughing your M-Fing ASSES OFF!

We just finished wrestling the soft top on.

Sonofafeathepluckingboingdyboingdybeeach!

Damn, I'll be glad when this thing stretches out, it's tighter than a duck's butt.

Reply to
Kate

FrankW

It gets easier. Also hook up, but don't clamp, the windshield header clamps until the back corners are in... :) I'm not asking how you know how tight a duck's butt is.

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 > Several of you ask "Did you get the dual top option?"

Reply to
twaldron

Amen! I took me a while to figure that out. Owners Manual? We don't need no stinkin' Owners manual :-)

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

I have to laugh at the 'new' tops.

When that thunderhead pops over the ridge and all he!! breaks loose, I am sitting nice and dry in my CJ7 with it's snap down top long before the poor soaking person in their TJ even has the frame up for the windows. Then they have to still fight those zippers to put them in....

There is such a thing as 'too much' engineering..... Those design fools need to actually work on what they 'create'....

Mike

Mike Romain

Mike,

I fully agree with the comment about too much engineering, and I expect that the next major "upgrade" to the Wrangler top will feature a hydraulic electric motor, while adding about 500 pounds to the vehicle's weight. The YJ top isn't too bad, if you remember that the spreader bars are expanded last. I don't much miss "stainless" snaps, with rust stains streaming from every one. ;^)

Earle

***
Reply to
Earle Horton

LOL!

Tell me about it! I went fiberglass to have no more rust and now have freakin stain marks below every snap....

The CJ7 top had the option of doing the back top rail last also. Pushing it up is hard which is likely the reason for the YJ's folding one. I am heavy enough to pull the corners down though.

Mike

Earle Hort>

***

Reply to
Mike Romain

You are suppose to take the hard top off first.

Reply to
jeff

LOL! Ya and your wearing mittens and a snowmobile suit on those -20C days, and it's snowing inside When I'm nice and toasty in the NEW TJ soft top. I still get asked "Is it cold in the winter" (the Jeep) :-)

Mike Roma> I have to laugh at the 'new' tops.

Reply to
FrankW

Got news for ya...

I can be in shoes, no gloves, no hat and no coat at -25 in my CJ7 with comfort. Unless I chose to run with just the bikini top on. Then I use the snowsuit....

I upgraded to the GM heater blower and it rocks! It will even clear all the windows when only on half defrost/ half floor heat.

The person who invented the original CJ heater was demented... It wouldn't even defrost with the hard top on...

Mike

FrankW wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

LOL Frank - it comes with an instructional video these days! Damn spiffy!

But because of it's newness it is stiff and not worn in yet. It'll get there eventually. Soon it will be time for a bikini anyway.

Reply to
Kate

A F-ing-MEN Mike! My CJ was MUCH easier. The other thing too is I have this new thing called a Sunrunner, it folds back just part way so that you get soprt of a moonroof effect. Now if they had been THINKING it would have folded UP like a bikini easily, not the other way around.

Anyway, it's on for now and will be fine.

Reply to
Kate

Now, I know you will disagree with me here, but after convertibles, I think that a power top would be great and they aren't THAT heavy. Trouble is, where would you put all the crap?

Another idea, shot in the arse.

Reply to
Kate

Oh and Earle.... It's not RUST - it's War Paint... sheesh. I thought you knew about these things.

Reply to
Kate

ROFLMFAO!

THATS what they meant, and I thought I was gonna freeze to death without my shirt on this morning while we were putting the soft top on. Sheesh!

Reply to
Kate

---snippy--->

Thanks for the heads-up, but the YJ's body panels are galvanized. It is twelve years old and has very little War Paint, except for the cheapo steel painted "argent" wheels.

Earle

***
Reply to
Earle Horton

And just how tight IS a ducks butt????

Reply to
jbjeep

Kate:

The first time installation is the worst. The fabric is new and tight, and it really is a job the first time. It gets much easier from here on out. It also helps if you fold or install the top on a warm day in the sun. The fabric is MUCH easier to work with on a warm, sunny day.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Sheeze Kate! First you talk about "topless" now you are talking about "bikinis."

I can't take much more of this. :)

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Will the bikini top only be worn in bad weather?

Reply to
billy ray