Dual Top Option

I hear what you're saying, Mike..but as the previous owner of 2 CJ7s, one YJ and two TJs....I LOVE my TJ soft top and would never want to revert back to the old CJ7 factory tops. I just plan 30 seconds ahead of you CJers. ;) These new tops are pert near a hard top in quality...for those rare occasions when you need a top.

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 > I have to laugh at the 'new' tops.

Reply to
twaldron

Tom... Honey...

Someone has to get you boys started on the spring thaw.

: > But because of it's newness it is stiff and not worn in yet. : > It'll get there eventually. Soon it will be time for a bikini anyway. : >

: :

Reply to
Kate

Well, hubs is a bald headed feller, it might be on a bit more than that so the glare off his noggin doesn't blind me or other motorists LOL

I definitely have been looking for a strapless one though.

: > I can't take much more of this. :) : >

: > Tom : >

: >> But because of it's newness it is stiff and not worn in yet. : >> It'll get there eventually. Soon it will be time for a bikini anyway. : >>

: >

: >

: :

Reply to
Kate

That's good to hear. Here in TN, they salt if it even threatens to get a little icy.

: > Oh and Earle.... : > It's not RUST - it's War Paint... sheesh. I thought you knew about these : > things. : >

: >

: Thanks for the heads-up, but the YJ's body panels are galvanized. It is : twelve years old and has very little War Paint, except for the cheapo steel : painted "argent" wheels. : : Earle : : : : *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** : *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from

***

Reply to
Kate

So... Once it breaks in, it will be as easy as it looks like it should be?

I got the sunrunner top, didn't realize it but it looks like an interesting option. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow, weather permitting.

: > When that thunderhead pops over the ridge and all he!! breaks loose, I : > am sitting nice and dry in my CJ7 with it's snap down top long before : > the poor soaking person in their TJ even has the frame up for the : > windows. Then they have to still fight those zippers to put them in.... : >

: > There is such a thing as 'too much' engineering..... Those design fools : > need to actually work on what they 'create'.... : >

: > Mike : > 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 : > 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's : > Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! : > Jan/06

> (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page): >

: > Kate wrote: : >

: >>Several of you ask "Did you get the dual top option?" : >>

: >>You guys were laughing your M-Fing ASSES OFF! : >>

: >>We just finished wrestling the soft top on. : >>

: >>Sonofafeathepluckingboingdyboingdybeeach! : >>

: >>Damn, I'll be glad when this thing stretches out, it's tighter than a duck's : >>butt.

Reply to
Kate

It's so tight -(drumroll please It's waterproof!

BadaBump!

LOL

Kate

: >>You guys were laughing your M-Fing ASSES OFF! : >>

: >>We just finished wrestling the soft top on. : >>

: >>Sonofafeathepluckingboingdyboingdybeeach! : >>

: >>Damn, I'll be glad when this thing stretches out, it's tighter than a duck's : >>butt. : >>

: >>

Reply to
Kate

Kinda like losing your virginity aye? The first time is always the hardest.

The top is the same as a tonneau I used to have for the Cobra. I understand the whole cold / hot thing. It was about 50 degrees this morning and I knew it was gonna be a battle but I still had to yap about it a little. Just not sure if it was braggin' or complainin' ;¬)

Reply to
Kate

There actually is a power softop kit for the Wrangler. It's hideous. I did a quick google but too tired to look.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I hear ya. It's only 9:30 here and I am gonna go make nice with a pillow.

Oh, and I really don't think I want one. What a mess it would be. I'm cool with what it has. It will break in and then all will be well.

G'nite!

Reply to
Kate

I was running around in the rain topless for a while tonight! Felt sooooo gooooodddd!

And hey, Jerry, its almost as much fun as wet silk. = )

Reply to
jbjeep

ROTFL! Thanks I needed a good laugh tonight.

Reply to
jbjeep

It is?

Reply to
jbjeep

You just need to do it a few times. I got pretty fast at it. Your Sunrider top is likely different, but one of the tricks I found is to start the zippers for the side windows _before_ I snap in the battens over the doors. The other trick is that when starting the zipper I use the velcro and have the rest of the window hanging on the rear post, just a bit higher than it would sit normally. My last trick is to pull down on the back of the top when zipping around the rear window to relieve the stresses on the zipper and make it easier.

It also stretches out a little bit (not much tho) over time.

I know - it probably says all this in the video.....wherever that got to.... Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

I used to do that with my Mustang, but was always worried about getting it wet. Now it should be ok. Hey Jen, do you use seat covers to keep the crud and moisture off?

I am going to curl up with a cuppa coffee and my owners manual in about three minutes. So much to learn.

Reply to
Kate

Well, it says SOME of it, but not all. Thanks for the help :)

Reply to
Kate

Depending on which you were asking about...

*snikker*

: >>Kinda like losing your virginity aye? : >>The first time is always the hardest. : >>

: >>The top is the same as a tonneau I used to have for the Cobra. I understand : >>the whole cold / hot thing. : >>It was about 50 degrees this morning and I knew it was gonna be a battle but : >>I still had to yap about it a little. : >>Just not sure if it was braggin' or complainin' ;¬) : >>

: >>

: >>

: >>

Reply to
Kate

Well..... My vintage 1986 soft top is still as stiff and hard to pull down in the back corners as the day I first tried it when I got it new out of the box in 97 or so. My CJ7 had the hard top on and the soft top had never been used.

Maybe the new ones will get loose and flappy for ya?

Mike

Mike Romain

Ummm... She didn't mention 'driving' around.... ;-)

Mike

Mike Romain

Wanna go with me? It just started raining, I am about halfway through the owner's manual....

: > I used to do that with my Mustang, but was always worried about getting it : > wet. : > Now it should be ok. : > Hey Jen, do you use seat covers to keep the crud and moisture off? : >

: > I am going to curl up with a cuppa coffee and my owners manual in about : > three minutes. So much to learn. : : Ummm... She didn't mention 'driving' around.... : ;-) : : Mike : 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 : 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's : Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! : Jan/06

Kate

"Mike Romain" wrote : Maybe the new ones will get loose and flappy for ya?

I am SO not touching that one.... nope nope nope.. not gonna do it....

Reply to
Kate