engine and tranny questions

I have an 86 Grand Wagoneer that is trashed out but has a good 258 six in it. I also have an 89 GW that is in good shape but the engine is blown. What I need to know is this: will a 258 bolt up directly to a 627 Torqueflite tranny or do I need to buy an adapter for it?? The 89 has Dana

44 axles, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help

Reply to
Big Tex

AMC has its own bellhousing bolt pattern so you need a 727 from another AMC poweed vehicle, not just any 727. Since mid 70's, AMC has used same bolt pattern on 6's and V8's. Also AMC used THM400's from about 73 to 79 in all Jeeps with automatics. (AMC bolt pattern)

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan