Engine clicking noise - Wrangler 2005

Hi,

I just bought a new Jeep Wrangler Sport 2005 last week. I started to hear engine clicking noise at 2000-2500 RPMs. It's coming from the front left (near front antena corner). The problem just started to develop. I didn't hear this noise when picking the vehical. Any idea what went wrong?

Thanks

Reply to
<here

snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.net did pass the time by typing:

rock in the tire? :)

Seriously, if you don't find a rock stuck in the tire take it to the dealer and have them do the head scratching.

And also take the time to buy a service manual (the big one) They are pricy but pay for themselves the first few jobs you do.

Reply to
DougW

H, Go to a big parking lot late at night when it's empty. Bring someone to drive for you. Get yourself under the hood with a torch and look for the clicking sound OR take it to the dealer for warranty work. I'd choose the second personally. Steve

Reply to
popeyeball

Instead of a torch, he might need to use a flashlight. :-)

Patrick ?Ô

Reply to
Patrick Ô¿Ô

in some parts of the world a 'torch' is the same as a 'flashlight'

Reply to
jaco

In some parts of the world you use a torch in place of a flashlight.

Reply to
Billy Ray

ture, and in some parts of the world, you use a flashlight to see the bolt that you are going to cut of with a torch. I was joking around, wasnt sure if OP was familiar with torch being also a flashlight

Patrick ?Ô

Reply to
Patrick Ô¿Ô

Given I'm in one of those parts of the world that only has torches, what's a flashlight then ? I thought it was just US for torch.

Reply to
Dave Milne

A flashlight is one of those things you put batteries in and push a button to make light come out.

A torch can be a soldering/welding tool that burns propane, acetylene, etc. or it can be a stick wrapped with rags on one end that is soaked in tar or pitch, etc and set alight. It is then carried upright for allumination (villagers chasing Frankenstein)

I was referring to the burning stick being used instead of a flashlight (torch).

Reply to
Billy Ray

aha, we call those all "torch", but the second one "welding torch".

Dave Milne

Yes, we are 2 countries separated by a common language.

Reply to
Billy Ray

just to set things straight on the language I speak. I speak American, not English. People from England speak English, people from America speak American. American is a varient of English

Patrick ?Ô

Reply to
Patrick Ô¿Ô

Exactly. You misspelled "variant" but I still understood you :-)

allumination

'flashlight'

message

Reply to
Dave Milne

The Southern Association of Colleges & Schools is requesting billions of federal dollars to teach "Y'allbonics"in all classrooms south of the Mason-Dixon line. Included here are some samples of "Y'allbonics."

If you do not understand any of them, contact a Southerner for an explanation.

HEIDI: (noun) Greeting.

HIRE YEW: (complete sentence) Remainder of greeting. Usage: "Heidi, hire yew?"

BARD: (verb) Past tense of the infinitive "to borrow." Usage: "My brother bard my pickup truck."

JAWJUH: (noun) The state north of Florida. Capital is Lanner. Usage: "My brother from Jawjuh bard my pickup truck."

BAMMER: (noun) The state west of Jawjuh. Capital is Berminhayum. Usage: "A tornader jes went through Bammer an' left $20,000,000 in improvements."

MUNTS: (noun) A calendar division. Usage: "My brother from Jawjuh ba! rd my pickup truck, and I ain't herd from him in munts."

THANK: (verb) Cognitive process. Usage: "Ah thank ah'll have a Coke."

RANCH: (noun) A tool used for tight'nin' bolts. Usage: "I thank I leff my ranch in the back of that pickup truck my brother from Jawjuh bard a few munts ago."

ALL: (noun) A petroleum-based lubricant. Usage: "I sure hope my brother from Jawjuh puts all in my pickup truck."

FAR: (noun) A conflagration. Usage: "If my brother from Jawjuh don't change the all in my pickup truck, that thing's gonna catch far."

TAR: (noun) A rubber wheel. Usage: "I hope that brother of mine from Jawjuh don't git a flat tar in my pickup truck."

TIRE: (noun) A tall monument. Usage: "Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, Ah sure hope to see that Eiffel Tire in Pars sometime."

RETARD: (verb) To stop working. Usage: "My grampaw retard at age 65."

FARN: (adjective) Not domestic. Usage: "I ! cuddint unnerstand a wurd he sed must be from some farn country."

DID: (adjective) Not alive. Usage: "He's did, Jim."

ARE: (noun) A colorless, odorless gas; oxygen. Usage: "He cain't breathe give 'im some ARE!"

BOB WAR: (noun) A sharp, twisted cable. Usage: "Boy, stay away from that bob war fence.

Dave Milne wrote:

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Don't forget that when we go to LA to go to the beach, we are talking about Lower Alabama, not Los Angeles. btw I am from N. GA. and I hear most of those words every day.

Patrick ?Ô

Reply to
Patrick Ô¿Ô

Reply to