transmission noise

hi, i have a 1966 mustang 289 automatic c4 transmission. I have a knocking noise that i think it is coming from the bell housing in the trans. I checked and tighten all the bolts on the flywheel, and look that the flywheel and didnt see anything wrong. i also took the starter out and it looks good. The noise started a week ago and when it first started the noise was at low rpm and wasnt to loud. Once the rpm was up i didnt hear the noise. Now the noise it louder and still at idle speed. Once the rpms are up i do not hear the noise. I dont think the motor is drowning the noise out., thank you if anyone can help me out.

Reply to
boomer via CarKB.com

Are you positive about the source of the sound? Get a friend to help pin it down better. What you describe sounds very much like what i just when through last week with a bad U joint and a posi unit that needed posi additive.

Reply to
veegerNO SPAM