engine now making noise

I completed one cylinder replacing the valve seals and decided to put the valve cover back on after torqueing down the rocker arms on my 4.2L engine. I wanted to see if I could tell a difference in this cylinder spark plug wise after the change.

Anyway, I'm now hearing a clacking noise when the engine is running. I remembered what someone said about replacing the right components back in the right place so I took the valve cover back off and changed the rocker arms around. This seemed to make the sound better but it's still not sounding good.

Any ideas on this?

Thank you,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

L.W.(ßill)

Nope, checked and double checked those.

Reply to
William Oliveri

Ok, when I posted this I then had to run out for a class. When I came back 3 hours later I took out and changed the push rods around. Torqued it back down and it sounded lots better. Either it had time to get the oil in the lifters or the push rod swap worked. Either way I'm feeling better.

Reply to
William Oliveri

You 'really' need to be very careful about the parts!!

You cannot mix and match worn parts, they have to go back the same place or the engine will fast destroy itself.

Mike

William Oliveri wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

No, just changed position from what they previously were.

Reply to
William Oliveri

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)