Etiquette Question About Postings on this Group

Is it unacceptable or considered poor etiquette to post a for sale notice for one's own Jeep in this group?

Thanks!

Mark '93 XJ

Reply to
Mark E. Bye

nope.

The only thing frowned on is commercial posts. Private sales is within the charter.

Which reminds me, haven't seen the charter posted recently.

Reply to
DougW

I found your brain. Seems a gnat was using it to wipe with.

Reply to
DougW

Ya almost gotta feel sorry for these poor little script kiddies. They must have awful lonely lives.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

The best way is to put a detailed listing on Ebay or Cars.com or Autotrader.com or Craig's list with bunches of details and lots pictures.

Then post a link to the ad here.

If you post an ad here you can't show pictures and you may find listing all the details on some vehicles would take too much space.

Reply to
XS11E

have awful lonely lives.

Look on the bright side. As long as they are online they aren't wandering around in traffic posing a real hazard to the rest of us.

Reply to
DougW

have awful lonely lives.

So, you typed that in while you were driving your Jeep on the highway, is that right, you anal-stuffing pillowbiter?

Reply to
Mike Romaine

Craigslist is your best bet.

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

must have awful lonely lives.

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Extremely stupid, or just lying?

Reply to
Pink Freud

Learn how to read headers, you mouldy old degenerate.

Reply to
Pink Freud

"Carl S" wrote in news:vZWdnQXUbqt66DzbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

EBAY works too

Reply to
ufatbasted

I can't agree, don't know about where you are but here the cars on Craig's list are cars that dealers won't buy, hi mileage stuff that can't be traded in, damaged stuff, poorly modified vehicles, etc.

I learned months back to not waste my time on Craigslist when looking for a car.

Reply to
XS11E

My son went looking on Craigslist for a replacement engine for his 87 Van. Well someone was selling a 93 that had all new gas tank and fuel system, computer, distributor, exhaust etc., but stalled still and no one could fix it. He got it for $300.00, cleaned the tranny sensor connection and has a mint Caravan that needed one light bulb and a rear wiper blade for safety and passed emissions easy...

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

Once again proving that when you buy from the paper or craigslist you need to know what your looking at. There are bargains to be had, but there is also a lot of quickly fixed junk.

Reply to
DougW

XS11E wrote in news:Xns99745D09BC5C1xs11emailinatorcom@69.28.173.184:

Yes you have to be carful. I was looking for a car for my dauguhter and went to see quite a few cars that were total crap from craigslist. But you can get lucky I did happen upon a very nice copule selling a 94 Honda Civic with 59,000 mi on it that just had the 60,000mi service done at the dealer the year before.(They had all receipts and had paid 2,200 for the dealer service and tires and new muffler)They needed to sell as the were relocating. Got it for 2 grand. It was a steal only needed a new radiator and front brake pads.

Reply to
ufatbasted