MAINT REQD light in 1992 Cherokee Laredo 4.0

OK, it appears that there is not a code reader on this planet that will help me figure out the MAINT REQD light that is lit on my 1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4.0 (4 door model)

All the code readers I find start reading Jeep (a.k.a. Chrysler) from 1993.

I assume that it is an OBD I compliant car, but as I cannot find any GOOD documentation or information on this year of Jeep, I thought there may be another fellow XJ driver who has knowledge on how to read the codes on this car.

I love my Jeep and it needs to be registered in August - I am in California, so if ANY warning light is on related to the engine, etc. they will not pass the car.

Help me fellow Jeep XJ folks - I don't mind buying a code reader, but not a $300 unit - looking for something more around the $99.00 mark...

Thanks! Northern California XJ Dude

1 Shot = 1 Kill

That is a timer they courteously put in so you would have to go and spend 80 bucks or so at the $tealership to have them reset it to just go off in another 88K miles or so again. Or you can open the dash and pull the bulb.....

It is set to go off as a reminder is is time to spend some more money on a new O2 sensor no matter if you need it or not.....

The pre 92 timer units could just be unplugged easily, the new ones are in the computer....

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: N>
Reply to
Mike Romain

Pull the bulb was my thought...

;-)

1 Shot = 1 Kill

that year the lite was reset in the pcm with a good scantool

1 Shot = 1 Kill wrote:

Reply to
philthy