exhast leak at manifold

I have my exhaust leak back on my '96 Cherokee. It is a crack in the manifold. I had it welded by a friend of mine a year ago and it is leaking again. They are so expensive to replace. Does anyone know of another idea or do I suck it up and spend over 400 US for the dang thing? I really don't have that kind of money right now. I really don't want to weld the thing every year, but maybe I could give it another try.

Curt

Reply to
curt

Wildman--

Many thanks for that post--my son's 95XJ snuck past inspection last time, but . . .

I made need that!

Paul B.

01 XJ
Reply to
PLB49

I for some reason can't find the header for my Jeep. I only get from cat back. I tried three times to figure out what I am doing wrong. Am I missing something?

Curt

Reply to
curt

Try here:

Big Daddy

Here are a few hedder links, there are others I didn't have time to find, hope this helps.

I have a 93 XJ with just shy of 360,000 km's, I'm on my second stock manifold. (at the time I found a great j**p shop, which since has for a real sh*t, they found a sound manifold on a wreak they had out the back, 3 years on the replacement with no problems yet .

Snow...93 XJ, 90% stock and 90% new ..now.

Reply to
Snow

Yeah, a junk yard is a thought, but these things crack all the time, so I don't know. I might look into that idea though. I'll have to look into all these options. I like the $160 idea too. That isn't too bad.

Curt

Reply to
curt