Fan problem

I have 3.7L Cherokee (Patriot) and the cabin fan will only work at the highest setting (full on). Is this likely to be burned out resistors or maybe a fuse? I don't have a wiring circuit to study. Anyone? Thanks Reg

Reply to
Reg

That is usually a blown resistor pack.

Now 'why' the resistor pack failed is a whole other matter.... Too much heat from a fan about to die or a bad connection are the usual suspects.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > I have 3.7L Cherokee (Patriot) and the cabin fan will only work at the
Reply to
Mike Romain

My guess is the resistor pack design is crap. On my old 01TJ it blew twice and on my 05TJ Rubicon it went once so far. It's a piss poor design that they refuse to fix. But rather increase the price from around 15 dollars to around 70 dollars to replace.

I would assume the resisitor pack gets too hot and then eventually burns out. To > That is usually a blown resistor pack.

Reply to
FrankW

Thanks for the replies, makes sense. Do you know where this resistor pack is? It is an 2004 RHD. Thanks again Reg

Reply to
Reg