Fan Switch

My fan switch knob is acting up again in my 2000 TJ.

I already took it in once and they fixed it. It doesn't work in all the settings just high. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. Sometimes when it's not working I leave it on the high position and then halfway through a ride it just kicks on.

I wouldn't mind trying to fix it myself this time, especially if it's going to happen every 2 years or so. Anyone tried this fix?

My buddy at work made fun of my Jeep. He said... "Hey, your Jeep is just 3 years old. Why is it already having a problem like that? That would never happen to my Infinite."

I told him... "Screw you! This is the only problem I've had with my TJ and if it rained inside your Infinite as much as it rains inside here then you'd have more than fan switch issues!"

Mark

Reply to
Mark B

There is a TSB out on them for that problem.

It is a loose ground on the dash, the right side ground I think. The bolt is the wrong size and comes out. They are supposed to drill and tap a new bolt in or something.

Mike

Mark B wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Thanks Bill. I'll tell him.

Geezz, can't those japanese build anything right? :-)

Mark

Reply to
Mark B