fender flare backing plate xj

Replacing / repairing rusted rocker panels on 95 cherokee. Replacing the antenna I already broke off a few of the bolts that hold the flares on. Beforer i rip into the flares to get at rocker panels does anyone know where to get the backing plate with studs? Or has anyone just broke them off and put a bolt in and weld in place to repair?

Thanks Tom

Reply to
TF

I tried welding them but no luck with a stick. Plates are galvanized as well. I ended up replacing mine from the dealer at a great price (thanks Wayne) but they are scarce.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd

I just hacked mine off with a body saw and called it done. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego