Floor Jack Recommendation?

Well, they never say what the rating is, or who rated it...I imagine they assume that most people, myself included, use the 4WD mainly to cope with bad winters, rather than ever actually going off road in a Grand Cherokee...

Tom

Reply to
aetmos

I understand that "Trail Rated" means they can take it up the Rubicon in California under its own power. I have taken my stock Wrangler down Poughkeepsie Gulch in Colorado, supposedly rated "expert" terrain. I didn't find it necessary to ground on the pumpkin, but I am on my third exhaust system now. Most Wagoneer's never saw dirt either.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

"Most Wagoneers". This common American spelling error is getting to me too. Are they doing that in England too?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I have a 40 year old Sears jack that still works like a charm and has only needed a few drops of fluid in that 40 years.

I also have a 10 year old floor jack that lasted about 2 years before it quit jacking and the internal seals are of such shoddy construction it isn't worth the cost of an o-ring to rebuild.

I have that Sears SUV extra lift jack, hope it lasts at least a couple years, but I must say it is of nowhere near the simplicity and construction quality of that 40 year old unit that I suspect could survive a nuke. The SUV jack is nice in that it allows a quick change of winter to summer tires since I am too poor to be able to install a professional chassis jack in the garage.

Reply to
Lon

You can go offroad in a Grand. More importantly, you can even get back ON road. But then unless you are talking about serious no-trail terrain, so can a lot more vehicles than is commonly claimed.

Reply to
Lon

Assuredly, we are the most illiterate nation on earth. Having refused to learn any other language, we are now refusing to learn our own. Grammar isn't taught in schools any more, but what's the betting you will be able to get a "qualification" in "txting" in a few years time ?

Out of interest, "Wagon" is spelled "Waggon" over here. Or you say "spelled", but I say "spelt" (cf US "learned" v British "learnt").

Dave

there:

Dave Milne

That's my point Earle - Wagonneers didn't see much dirt, but they still came with F & R iron D44s that you could jack up under the pumpkin, and if you were gormless enough to ground one on the pumpkin it wasn't likely break your tubes.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

Funny I say "burnt" even though I know it sounds British. I say "learnt" or even "larnt" too, because over here it sounds "country". I know people who say "knowed".

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I'm sorry, maybe I'm showing my Americanity but what's the error? Do you want it to be spelled "Wagonneer", with a double 'n'? Wikipedia and Google seem to think a single 'n' is correct:

I guess the original posting incorrectly put an apostrophe between the 'r' and the 's', but that's hardly an American-only mistake.

Tom

Reply to
aetmos

So they're all doing it? It is no doubt a harbinger of the end of civilization as we know it. Gonna miss it. On the bright side reincarnation is just a crazy Hindu idea and I won't live to see it.

Cheer's,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I used to own a waggon.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

Well, that's just an American / British spelling thing. My son's Radio Flyer wagon says "wagon" on it...I mean, you guys can't spell "color" correctly, either ;-)

Tom

Reply to
aetmos

Yes, color one you take straight from the Latin. I drive my mum nuts by saying schedule "skedule" the way you do, as opposed to the British "shedule", as it comes from the Greek work skede meaning a parchment.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

How many you tube video's did you have to watch before you found one that fit your criteria? In that particular clip it's more like the vehicle operator doesn't know how to operate the vehicle! There are plenty more movie clips where Liberty's show that they can tackle much more demanding terrain.

Reply to
Socks

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

There is no 'Q' in coupon, either!

Reply to
PeterD

My dictionary says "coopon" and "cyoopon" are both allowable. I blame the under-fifty crowd. "Jewlery" is OK too, as is "noocyooler".

Cheer's

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton