florida

i don't suppose anyone on this board is in central Florida and would like to make extra money fixing a jeep

just hoping

Reply to
KC

LOL!

It's driving you nuts eh?

I would try it one thing at a time.

I would disconnect the new voltage regulator and see if it starts.

If not, then I would run a temporary wire from the coil power to the battery plus and see if it runs. (disconnect this wire after you shut it off)

I bet one of the above will get it going. If so or not, come back with those results and I can point some more.

Mike

KC wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I was mulling this last night and it occured to me that he'll _have_ to disconnect that wire _to_ shut it off.

I can see myself scratching my head, thinking now I've got it going but it won't obey the ignition switch!

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

: > just hoping

Hey Mike, ditch the Hudson Bay trip and head south! KC: I'm sure Mike would be willing to accept US Funds at par... his driveway rate is around $50/hr ;-)

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

LOL!

You are soo right, I forgot about that.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

well no wonder youm haven't figured it out yet...

...just kiddin....don't shoot me....justr thought it had to be said ;-)

....Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Crap, don't say that in front of my wife and expect to walk away in one piece.....

If you are a rookie on fixes, then please say so, so folks won't toss technical crap at you.

Your problem is common. The fix is common, but can be several things.

Start off with one thing and then comment on that, then the next in line comes up. It is a 'flow chart' in a book.

The new regulator really rings bells with me. It is a silly one that will kill the spark.

Your wiring is pretty simple. The $20.00 Haynes Manual has it in a diagram that is excellent and right on.

I certainly don't mind walking you through the trouble shooting one piece at a time.

Mike

KC wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

im not sure what not to say in front of your wife as far as being a female and a rookie at this they are 2 different things in no way do i think im any less adequate at fixing then a man as a matter of fact i have done all the body work my self grinding welding everything women are tuff and smart ive spent 10 years so far in the navy as a female Seabee im tuff i was being light hearted about the electrical crap because i know its got to be something very small and its kicking my butt so i must kid so as though i can sleep at night

my husband has tried to help but he's a paramedic not a mechanic thank you for all your help hope to have it fixed by sat:)

Reply to
KC