Ford 351 into CJ ?

Would a 351 out of an 87 ford F150 pickup fit into the engine bay of an 81 CJ7, my tranny just dies in my ford, I was looking for a new box for it as mine is rusted out, also needs upper and lower ball joints, so between the 3 of them it's not worth fixing, so will probably part it out, what's left that's good that is. But the 351 was rebuilt just before I got it, probably has about 80,000 miles on it now, so seams a shame just to sell it. I have the dana 300 tranfer case, I know my AX15 tranny would have to be replaced again, but other then that, would it fit. Carborated by the way, no fuel injected.

Reply to
Greg

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III