fowl oil oder from jeep

I did like all the colorfull replys ,but seriously .I recently changed the trans oil pan seal and filter which was leaking ,which I forgot to mention that I did that repair .That went well and did last a few weeks but now I'm back to square one with the same leak. Could it be the pan itself is warped? I know sounds funny.A friend of mine says I should have used a punch on the trans pan holes so that the pan will seal tighter to the gasket,sounds reasonable ?

Thanks for all the help Norf

by the way couldn't find any birds stuck to the exhaust

Reply to
norfio

That's probably a reference to flattening the holes so that they pull the pan closer. If you look, the bolt holes may be distorted by over-tightening. I've seen them pulled up to where the edges of the hole are raised enough to actually hold the pan off the gasket. Tap them flat (or push the edges out a little) with a ball peen hammer and don't over tighten them.

Reply to
Will Honea

Use a nut driver to tighten them.

Earle