Frame repair for an 87 wrangler

I swear in some magazine that I read had an ad for replacement frame for the rear portion of a wrangler.They were weld on.Mine is rotted near the rear spring hanger.I can fab a new one myself but ready made would be easier.Any one know such a thing and where to get them?Seems the rearmost portion of the frame on these has no way to let out the moisture and salt.After I repair it you can bet there will be an opening to let air in and rinse it out once in a while. The rest of the frame is in great shape. Thanks, John

Reply to
jfc

Is this what you saw?

These are repair plates, not sections.

I designed some for mine and had them laser cut and bent into an angle to make them a little stronger.

Just curious, but when you say "rear spring hanger", do you mean the rear of the rear spring?

Hope this helps.

Tom

The Ox (Oxide) '86 CJ7, 258 I6, 4 spd, 3" Lift, 33x12.5 BFG's '96 XJ PMS '01 ZJ TS

Reply to: Group, or snipped-for-privacy@spleen.acd.net Remove my spleen to reply. (please be gentle) Home page:

stuff:
aint much, but it's mine.

Reply to