Front & Rear trackbars after lift?

So i was wondering........ I always hear of people movingthe trackbar attachment point on the back of a lifted TJ. What about the front?

Since we're on the topic of track bars, what do you guys recommend for adjustable track bars?

Mike

98 TJ SE
Reply to
GzrGlide

L.W.(ßill)

quadratec.com sells one for the front, i don't know if it works on the rear. BTW, when i lifted my yj, i didn't think about the track bars, and th rear one just snapped off the mount on the axle. i just removed the trackbar altogether in the rear, and i havn't noticed any problems except some really great articulation in the rear axle WHEE!

Reply to
MudPuppy1976

I have a ORGS on my 99WJ that seems to do well, its beefy.

-- Bruce

99 White WJ 4x4 Select Trac 89 YJ 03 Liberty Ltd L.O.S.T #000256 90 XJ6 Sovereign
Reply to
BWM

That's because you have leaf springs. You can get away without a track bar with leaf springs because the shape of the leafs provides considerable resistance to lateral movement. The coil springs in the TJ provide flexibility and ride quality, but no resistance to lateral movement. You can't drive a TJ without track bars.

Reply to
TJim

ahhhhh, ok, didn't know that. thanks

Reply to
MudPuppy1976

In article , MudPuppy1976

Reply to
Peter Parker

Keep an eye on your shackle bushings, though. If you don't have track bars, all your lateral forces will have to absorbed by your shackles and spring hangers. This could, in extreme cases, bend shackles or prematurely wear out the bushings. Track bars absorb quite a bit of these forces.

Reply to
TJim