FS: CJ7 in NC

Well, I knew it couldn't last. Two babies and one going into braces don't go well with my CJ toy. Here's the Scoop:

78 CJ7 with the 258 I6, T-150 tranny, Clifford intake*, Edelbrock 4bbl*, 14" Edelbrock air cleaner housing*, 3" K&N air filter*, Hedman headers, dual exhaust*. 7" of combined lift, 3" custom body lift*, 4" suspension, Procomp shocks*, 35x12.50x15 Procomp Mudterrians(95% tread remains)*, lockrite lockers front and rear, 1 piece axles. Body is in good condition. Earlier this year I gutted interior. Stripped the paint and fiber glassed all the holes in the floorboards. Used a product similar to por-15. Then hurculined the entire inside of the tub(black) and installed diamond plate floor boards to make them even stronger. The exterior would be my next project, but hopefully I'll leave that for one of you. It is red... kinda. It's in ok shape just pretty faded. All the body mounts are in good shape with surface corrosion. The frame is in great shape with only minor surface corrosion. The engine is strong, but with the usual rear main seal leak. Everything with an asterisk was done this year. Includes an original soft top and 2 bikini tops. Over $8000 invested asking $4200. If anybody is interested repost to the group or send me an email.

I'm on the North Carolina/Virginia border near the Norfolk area.

Reply to
brids5

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:02:55 GMT, "brids5" shared the following:

Oh gawd. You're killin' me. Everyone is telling me that the I6 has plenty of power but I'm trying to convince myself that I have GOT TO HAVE a V8.... I live in NC and want a Jeep...saving the $ right now... You're killin' me....... AGGGG!!!!!!!!

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
twaldron

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:49:23 GMT, twaldron shared the following:

That's what I hear. From *everybody*. I just would really like a V8. I've been dealing with a 40 hp 4-banger for a few years now and now that I'm gonna make the move to a Jeep I wanna go all the way. The first Jeep I ever rode in was my college buddy's CJ and it had a 304 with headers and man it sounded GREAT and had the 3-speed. Torquey...as...hell... Got'sta have one! :-)

Reply to
travis

i can relate. i just love the grumble of a built mouse through two chamber flowmasters without cats....

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Reply to
twaldron

Approximately 10/12/03 16:52, travis uttered for posterity:

The i-6 is torqueier than that V8, has a bigger oil cooling capacity, and if you really want to kick the V8's heinie, see the Hesco or Clifford Performance websites to take the 4.0 out to 4.7 or 4.8. Up to about 50 mph, the greater low end torque means no V8 is likely to stay with you.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Approximately 10/12/03 17:06, Nathan Collier uttered for posterity:

I believe you mean the impotent squeaking of a mouse with excess flatulence. Now perhaps if you were to speak of a cammed out rat motor with a set of dumps blocked into 4 inch flowmasters for the street....

Reply to
Lon Stowell

id take a mouse any day over a rat, at least in a swb jeep. a mild mouse will give you more than you could ever need, where even a mild rat would bust axles constantly, twist frames, etc.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Nathan Collier did pass the time by typing:

grin

Oh.. and from what I read in the last 4X4 mag they have street legal beadlocks out. Not fakelocks. Didn't buy the zine, but it should be in most parts books shortly.

Reply to
DougW

POSER jeeps dont count. im talking about jeeps you meet at uwharrie, tellico, the rubicon.... :-)

Reply to
Nathan Collier

I can speak from experience with this motor... Its got plenty of power. Its never left me stuck half way up a hill or half way through a mud hole. And the new intake/carb/headers/dual exhaust setup add even more power this year. It sounds awesome too.

Reply to
brids5

Approximately 10/12/03 19:26, Nathan Collier uttered for posterity:

Happens even in a big Impala. Ripped one traction control bar completely off the axle and just got used to changing the U-joints every other oil change. May have had something to do with driving style. Still, with a big rat you'd only need one gear, as it could move pretty much any load at only 700-800 rpm.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

lol......cant argue that!

Reply to
Nathan Collier

--snip--

Soon you'll be saying "Mi gobernador puede golpear a su gobernador en el trasero." It's only a matter of time...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

LOL!!! Si!!!