FS: M-416 Tent/Trailer combo. Ohio

i welded for myself in north carolina for years and made a decent living doing it. when work would slow i would take on refrigeration/hvac to fill the holes but for the most part i welded. after moving to montana the entire service industry is different and i found that i could earn a much better living doing the refrigeration/hvac full time and weld to fill the holes. i worked for a large national refrigeration company up until last month. ive been working on the side for myself and finally took the plunge and quit my job to hit it full time for myself.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Gotcha. I only mentioned because I figured from a "professional" standpoint you might be interested in the last job I just completed. It was out in Texas and took us 8 weeks of 24/6 (just WAY too hot and nasty to do 24/7) welding to get it done. To the tune of 34,000 lbs of weld. Not a typo.

Reply to
Tom Greening

Nathan W. Collier proclaimed:

One of the better anti-virus packages out there today is unix, with GNU utilities to handle zip formats.

Reply to
Lon

sounds interesting, what was it?

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

We had to repair the base of a large forging hammer. Basically a rectangular chunk of steel that weighed about 500,000 lbs. had one BIG ass crack in it. About 4 ft. deep by 4ft wide at the top and about 5 ft long. Worked out to just under 34,000 lbs of welding rod by the time we were done. Welding rod 3/4" dia. x 36" long. At one point we had twin Miller 1500 amp pwr sources paralleled together. We were burning up a 6.5# rod in about 4 minutes. Nastiest part of the whole job was crawling up into that crack with a peening hammer between passes. You'd coming RUNNING back out after about 30 seconds with your pants smoking. Literally.

I can definitely wait a while before we have to do another of those.

Reply to
Tom Greening

man.....that sounds like total fun to me! you get another one of those you call me, ill drop what im doing to come get a piece of that. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks Billy Ray Steve

Reply to
popeyeball

Thanks.

We are going to be interested in something like that soon to pull behind our CJ7.

If it had of been a good deal and if I could have gotten the info publicly instead of a private zip file, well....

Mike

Billy Ray wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks Mike, way to go being all petty and such. And please, don't insult my intelligence by trying to claim you aren't doing anything of the sort.

You go buy a 416 that's in great shape, strip it, paint it, rewire it, put a nice lid on it, buy a nice tent for it, make THAT work nice, and get back to me on how nice and cheap it was. Or you can go buy a nice Tent Trax unit that's about 10 gallons of resin, 20 sq yards of material, and an axle for $5,000 plus and tell me what a great deal THAT is.

I can't believe I post something here that I figure some Jeeper some place might be interested in, and you want to bust my chops over the fact that all the info is in a zip file, that you are too paranoid to look at.

Thanks for all the support my fellow Jeeper...

Reply to
Tom Greening

Be my guest! I caught myself on fire so many times for that damn job it wasn't funny. Good thing I had a partner that was always ready with a jug of water to put me out.

Reply to
Tom Greening

Well, sorry, I only jumped on you after you jumped on someone else that didn't trust a zip file either.....

I still have only seen that one photo....

Your $1300.00 is closer to $2000.00 up here....

But I shouldn't have gotten petty about it either, sorry.

Mike

Tom Green>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Hmm. I don't recall jumping on anyone about not trusting the zip file. I poked the original responder because apparently he didn't read the whole msg. He never said anything about the zip file. Either way, water / bridge as it were.

If you really want to look, Billy Ray seems to have posted them at...Image Station or something similar? Of course there is the whole "you have to register to view" thing to deal with. I sincerely do appreciate his effort, because he has nothing at all to gain by it, but personally I HATE going to view a photo and then having to go through a registration process just to view someone's Jeep that they just got done painting, or lifting, or (fill in the blank). But either way.....Thanks Billy Ray, the effort was noted.

Up Here: I didn't realize you were up there in the Great White North. I've met some top notch people up there, and think Toronto is one fine city(as far as Cities go. I recall a rather sweet and compliant school teacher that made the cutest noises when she....uhm, never mind.)

Reply to
Tom Greening

ok....anyone not wishing to join imagestation or download a zip file for any reason can view toms trailer at

(with your permission tom?).

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

So long as I get first dibs! Err, uhmm, never mind. (granted).

Reply to
Tom Greening

The link didn't work for me yesterday, but it did today so I have seen them. I am a member of Sony's imagestation already. At least they don't spam, but they used to be open to the public for viewing....

So how tall is the tent inside? I am 6'4".

Snowboardripper from this group just got a brand new one of those trailers military surplus that he brought on the last run. It is really cool but he hasn't mounted his tent on it yet.

I really do need one, it is in our future as a purchase, but my CJ7 needs a new frame before I can pull it.....

Mike

Tom Green>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Pix available at:

I chose Image Station because it is what most of the people here already use. Had I used
you can use your own registration and then just send people a link. They needn't register to view pix, only to reorder reprints.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Seems to me the stand up portion is in the vicinity of 7 ft, but I'd have to set it up to double check. I'm 5' 10" and I don't recall the ceiling even being close.

Brand NEW? Lucky dog. Or is it one of the Canadian units? I've seen those brand new surplus now and again, but I've never seen the 416's new.

What kind / style tent is he going to mount?

Reply to
Tom Greening

Here's a really nice setup for you Kalifornia guys. I believe the tent alone is in the $1,200-$1,400 range, and it looks like the guy has done a pretty nice job of setting up his trailer. Still, that's a hefty chunk of change. Hmm, maybe it's time to Ebay? :)

Reply to
Tom Greening

Duh. A link would have been nice.

Tom Greening