FS: M-416 Tent/Trailer combo. Ohio

I have a M-416 trailer in real good shape. I added a diamond plate aluminum hinged lid to it to keep all my stuff dry, herc lined the bed, and painted the whole mess (minus the lid). I also bought a new tent and hardware made for one of those motorcycle pull along campers, and then modified things so it works on the trailer. The whole tent deal is removable by undoing 4 latches, leaving the lid still attached to the trailer. The lid will stay in the open position by virtue of some hatch-back style shocks. Give me an email address and I can send a zip file full of pictures. Fire away with any questions you may have, but for now, please try to keep it to interested buyers. As far as I'm concerned this kicks the snot out of any Tent-Trax style camper. The tent is bigger (a queen size inflatable mattress fits perfect), it's got a boatload more storage space, and it just plain looks better behind a Jeep.

Worlds most Awsome M-416 Camper / Trailer Combo

Ohio

Ok, response has been bigger than I imagined so instead of replying to individuals, I've posted a zip file with pics and price.

Tent/Trailer zip file with pics and price

begin 666 smile.gif M1TE&.#EA#P`/`,3_`,# P"DI*4I*2@@``'L``)0(`$H(`)08`'-2`,[.

Reply to
Tom Greening

[...]

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

How much $$?

Reply to
Endo

No offense Endo but....did you read the whole message? The part at the bottom where it says

Reply to
Tom Greening

And like I or anyone else would be dumb enough to open up a zip file!

LOL, not in this lifetime....

Mike

Tom Green>

Reply to
Mike Romain

In these days of microcrap and all it's holes, there is no way in hell I would open a homemade zip file from anyone on the internet!

Most sane people wouldn't open it either so you are missing a lot of potential customers.

Mike

Tom Green>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Tom,

Just from a marketing standpoint it would seem pretty silly for you to insult you potential customer base.

Of course, people who live in the area of 'the mistake on the lake' might think such behavior is appropriate or perhaps beneficial in a sales situation.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Come on guys. It's not like it's my first post here so I'm not some phantom poster that's just shown up slinging zip files all over the place. Plus a virus scanner should be standard equipment, agreed? It's going to be a rare individual these days that can spend his days on the net without downloading something, from somewhere, that is more or less an unknown entity. If YOU posted this same message, I'd verify with you as best I could, and then I'd grab the file. If someone by the name of "ImL33t" posted, I'd be a tad more wary. Everyone that has responded, from various places, has requested all my photos and you guys KNOW the best way to transport that is via a zip file and not one person has cried foul.

Reply to
Tom Greening

Have you been to Cleveland lately? It's quite a bit less of a cesspool than it used to be 20 years ago. :) Then again, less of a cesspool is still a cesspool is it not?

My intent was not to be insulting, or I would have used words to that effect. No more than the last paragraph you wrote to me, which I can assume is NOT a round-a-about way of calling into question my character and/or upbringing. :)

My intent was nothing more than "Dear Reader, please read the entire message because all the basic info is already available".

Reply to
Tom Greening

youre missing out on a lot of content mike. im not familiar with your level of computer competency, but with all the antivirus scanners available today (many good ones are FREE such as

theres no valid reason (beyond personal fears) to avoid zip files. most will scan files within the zip anyway so it would catch any issues before you could execute anything malicious/suspicious anyway.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Exactly.

Btw, aren't you / weren't you a welder by trade? Or was that just a hobby?

Reply to
Tom Greening

You are quite right, I was improper in my chastisement.

That last time I was in your area was the last week of June 2004 which for other reasons was not the best time in my life and my recent trip via De-troit across the lake hasn't improved my opinion of big cities or that particular area of the US.

I cannot accurately comment on the current pollution situation, but I am familiar with the incident when the fire department was called when the river was on fire .

I have no valid excuse for my obstinate comment. My only explanation is that my current attitude has nothing to do with you and was uncalled for .

Reply to
Billy Ray

No harm, no foul right? No bigee.

I'm not especially fond of American cities either. For all our wealth and prosperity, and the ridiculously young age of our nation, most of our major cities leave something to be desired. Check behind the facade and they are just a little bit disappointing.

Now someplace like Japan for instance....shoot, even their homeless have more class than ours. ;)

Reply to
Tom Greening

You've lost me here Mike. Kid gloves? If you are using a good, quality virus checker there are no kid gloves involved. Hell, I even check all my email as a matter of course and it's all automatic. Even the email I send, or replies I make, are checked before they are sent from my system and they are noted as such in the signature section. If there is something that is suspect it's moved to a "vault" just for suspect files and I go from there. It's all transparent. The biggest pain in the butt is setting up the virus checker in the first place. After that, it's just keep your virus database files current (also pretty much transparent) and go about your business.

I've been dinking around with computers since a Vic-20 was state of the art and I have never had a virus. Never, ever, ever. Actually, I should say I've never had a virus get past the protection I've had in place.

I will grant that way too many people leave themselves WIDE open, but that is their problem and not mine. My system is protected to a reasonable level I believe, so it matters not how much of a mess theirs is. Their junk is stopped at my front door. If your system is reasonably protected, any junk you might get should be stopped at your front door as well, without it having to be a pain in the butt. If it's a pain, you're doing something wrong Mike.

Reply to
Tom Greening

That being said perhaps it might be better if you posted your pix on one of the free services like Sony's

which is the popular one with this group or
or one of the many others.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Agreed Dave, but I don't think I said it had anything to do with space. It's just a lot easier to dump them all into 1 zip, and then I only have 1 file to deal with when people request the info.

Reply to
Tom Greening

I think I'll just leave things as is. If someone wants the info, they know where to get it. If they don't, for whatever reason, that is fine as well.

Reply to
Tom Greening

FWIW I did download and look at the pixs and Norton's had no problems with it.

Text from zip file: "Price for the complete unit is $1,300.00.

M-416 trailer in great shape with jeep style lights, herculined tub, diamond plate aluminum hinged lid, removable pop up tent and hardware. You will have to add new velcro around the perimeter of the lid as I had removed because I had intended to sell only the tent. No big deal.

There is minor surface rust on the paint, but no rot. The herculiner shows a little bit of wear but nothing major. Tires are the stock military style.

I've described what I believe to be the major questions, but if you have others, or if you want to see it, please feel free to ask."

Pix available at:

Billy Ray

My friends must visit creative sites, so does my kid..... I get the latest and greatest infections before they make the Norton 'liveupdate' list..... It has happened too many times over the years. My son is umm well he goes to hacker conventions so some of the inbound stuff has been um interesting to say the least. He hacked the hackers convention in New York and got security T-shirts and passes for him and his cousin... Got caught later while wearing them, but pulled it off and got to keep the shirts. LOL!

So I am paranoid about downloads.....

Mike

Tom Green>

Reply to