FS: Rare WWII Jeep Trailer - 1945 Bantam T3 (Willys MBT) - USN SEABEE's For SALE

Are you really that thick?

You posted here 'pretending' to be a commercial entity 'you say' and right here above you freaking 'confirm it' by saying the guy down the road has 'your' 'customers' calling him!!!!

This group has a Charter that specifically forbids commercial posts.

If we let one asshole start posting here we will get flooded.

If you cannot understand that simple fact, then this group is not the group for you.

There are lots of other Jeep groups for you to spam, go there.

And there is also good reason ebay also forbids your spam. I am now thinking I should email them to ask specifically what 'you' are doing wrong by violating their user agreement too so I can post it here for you. AOL also forbids you spamming this group and violating the Charter, that is easy to look up.

How many ways do you need to be told you are wrong?

Mike

Mike Romain

To Mike Romain and any other objectors:

Leave Brian alone!! He has contributed valuable information to this newsgroup for years. His post was simply an FYI that a military jeep trailer he owns is available on eBay. If you are not interested, then don't look. However, there have been many posters here who have been looking for jeep trailers (Bill Oliveri comes to mind, who happens to live just a few miles from where the trailer is located). For these people, Brian's post would be of great interest.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

'83 CJ-7 '46 Bantam BT3C '87 Ford F250 4x4 Diesel

Robert Bills

I don't know what all the fuss is about regarding the offer to sell something on this newsgroup but the trailer itself is in my opinion junk. Credit should be given to Brian though for posting the pictures shown in his eBay auction. They clearly show the serious rust damage and overall condition of the trailer despite the new coats of paint.

Reply to
Rock

Hey. There is nothing to stop Brian French from posting his trailer for sale except he is violating ebay's user agreement. No one here likely gives a crap about that, lots of ebay stuff is advertised here.

But this group has a Charter that specifically forbids entities like "Brian of 'Brian's Military Jeeps' from posting commercial SPAM here.

It is real simple.

Here is the Charter text quoted:

It is also meant to be a forum for buying and selling parts by non-commercial vendors.

End quote.

The full charter is here: ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

So if he is only 'pretending' to be a commercial poster in that advertisement or if he just is a plain liar and really 'is' a commercial poster it doesn't matter.

He made a commercial for sale post. Period.

Most folks that do that and are told about the Charter say sorry or something to that effect, they don't come back with lame lies and persist on abusing this newsgroup.

That is all you will hear from me on this post. I will go back to silent real SPAM control rather than warning.

Mike

Robert Bills wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I disagree. For a WWII trailer, this specimen is far from junk.

I have owned a 1946 Bantam BT3C trailer since the mid-60's (civilian version of the WWII jeep trailer), and am in the process of restoring it for the second time (once every 40 years isn't bad). I have studied these trailers, and am familiar with the market throughout the U.S. for both restored and unrestored versions. There are far worse that sell quickly for much more money.

Replacing a body panel or the floor is not uncommon in a WWII jeep trailer restoration. The 1945 license plate alone is worth $80-100. Also, two things that make this trailer unique are the SeaBee modifications and the "provenance" of the original U.S. Navy numbers. This would be a valuable piece for a military collector. If I didn't already have a trailer, and had room to park it, I would pay $500 for it in an instant.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

'83 CJ-7 '46 Bantam BT3C '87 Ford F250 4x4 Diesel

Robert Bills

I was wondering what happened to his lawsuit. I guess D-C prevailed yet again....

Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
Rock

When in doubt ...just nod your head and say "It's a Jeep thing." No one understands why I choose to drive my gas-chomping CJ7 to school and back (20km each way) when I have a perfectly good and economical '97 Corolla in my driveway.

Reply to
griffin

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Didn't you Brits get enough FREE jeeps during WWII? It's not like the US charged you for the ones you got.

Wblane

Now, I'm not sure if you are joking.

We paid around $50 billion for them under the lend-lease Act of 1941 passed by US Congress.

Dave Milne

Well, that's reasonable.

Reply to
Rock

--- Sorry to take so long to post these pic's. I have been busy fighting evil. --- Anyway, at the risk of violating the charter, and incurring the wrath of the group, I offer the following for entertainment and educational purposes only. It is not a solicitation of offers to buy. It's just for fun. Enjoy =>

Regards --- D.J.

Reply to
Special Forces

That's the way to post pictures; you did good. Looks like trying to paddle that trailer with a single paddle would about as successful as one man trying to paddle a round liferaft, though.

Do we assume that you now play on an extended beach? If so, take care and thanks.

Reply to
Will Honea