Future Jeep's won't be softer-

From USA TODAY Has info on 7 future Jeeps

Mark12211

Thanks for the post a good read.

Reply to
HarryS

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mark12211) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m18.aol.com:

Interesting, I guess that includes 2 wheel drive models. Has a 2 wheel drive Jeep ever conquered the Rubicon?

Reply to
Exeter

Ahh, but a 2wd Jeep will be lacking the famous "Trail Rated" badge, and without that badge you cannot safely traverse the Rubicon, nor save the Federation from the Zindi.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

"L0nD0t.$t0we11" wrote in news:D%_Jb.740805$Tr4.2006987@attbi_s03:

Then I present the quote once more:

"Every Jeep we have now and will have, and every Jeep on the drawing board will be trail rated"

Reply to
Exeter

Exeter did pass the time by typing:

So trail == pavement with dirt on it

Makes sense.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Yeah, except that according to Jeep, *only* the 4x4 models will get the magical badge that allows them to leap tall buildings with a single bound.

Auto Connection:

"Jeep Adds "Trail Rated" Badge Boast

Future Jeep 4x4 models will sport a new badge that the brand hopes will differentiate their vehicles from the current crop of soft-roaders. The "Trail Rated" badge will be affixed to all 2004 Jeep vehicles with four-wheel drive - Grand Cherokee, Liberty, and Wrangler. The badge means the vehicles have passed off-road testing by the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC), which evaluates vehicles for traction, ground clearance, off-road articulation, and water fording. Jeep has more information posted online at

"

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Ahh, but think of how "Jeep" is pronounced if Spanish...

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11