89 YJ turn signal doesn't turn off

My 1989 YJ's left turn signal no longer turns off after you make a turn. Anyone have an idea of what's involved in a repair like this? The right turn signal still works fine.

Thanks

-Mark

Reply to
Mark12211

There are two little springs in the switch that like to die or disappear. You can go to the Jeep dealer and get a whole new switch plate for $75 or so. You can go to a Buick dealer and get the SAME plate for $40 or you can try and get the springs for $.50 each. Buick P/N's 1964784 and 1964785

You can replace the spr> My 1989 YJ's left turn signal no longer turns off after you make a turn.

Reply to
Roy J

Funny you should mention this problem today:

My (tilt) steering column has been getting a bit of play in it over the past 3 months and I plan to tear it a part tomorrow to lock tight in the offending bolts, this is what I have found so far on the subject.

Guides >My 1989 YJ's left turn signal no longer turns off after you make a turn.

Reply to
Jeepster