gas tank mod -- trailer hitch -- more

Hi all

I did the famous gastank mod and it was fairly easy; I'd suggest shortening BOTH pipes to just enough to protect the metal collar. That means cutting both internal plastic pieces to about 2.5" and putting them back in the collar.

Now I THINK i'm getting 19 gal. in the tank. It remains to be seen as I fill up. (way too often, I might add.) It's a 2.5l.

Got a simple trailer hitch welded on. I had NO IDEA it would be so difficult to find something so simple - I was sure there would be a SIMPLE bolt-on (with proper grade 8 bolts...) but after too much looking and phone calls I was in a hurry and so just went for it.

One fellow at a CA smog inspection place said he thought that catalytic converters in jeeps were always breaking or failing because they were battered and hit by off roading. He said he could hear the parts rattling around in mine. (direct quote).

I have a rear seat (TAN) for a 94 YJ in case anyone wants it. Make me an offer and come and get it. I also have a metal rear platform that bolts in behind the seat. Both are in very good condition: they're in a closet!

We're moving to Florida and a few bucks wouldn't hurt.

Now we have 2 vehicles to make the caravan: my jeep and a 72 Ford, both with trailer hitches. I'd like to buy a simple trailer maybe 4 x 6 or 5 x 7 to put on the Ford -- some sort of closed box with ventilation; like a sliding window and a roof vent. Preferably rather light.

I'm in the West San Fernando Valley.

Capt. Purple

Reply to
Captain Purple

L.W.(ßill)

Thanks Bill (as always) Any suggeston as to brand or other choice(s)? I'm not an expert in that area whatsoever. CP

(way

find

and

Reply to