Re: trailer hitch

I guess it depends on how handy one is.

Reply to
Alan Shein

I'm led to believe (by the mfg.) that installing a class II hitch on a 2001

> VDC is a relatively simple (25 minute) DIY job. Is there anyone out there > who's installed one of these hitches and , if so, was it a simple job? > >

i don't know about that, but i did it on my Forester and it was pretty simple. and i am NOT mechanicaly inclined.

Mike

Reply to
Michael P. Smith

I have an 04 OBW. It is not a simple job. Best to let a pro do it. Part of the bumper cover needs to be cut off, among other oddball things.

simple. and i am NOT mechanicaly inclined.

Reply to
Alan Shein

:> > I'm led to believe (by the mfg.) that installing a class II hitch on a : 2001 :> > VDC is a relatively simple (25 minute) DIY job. Is there anyone out : there :> > who's installed one of these hitches and , if so, was it a simple job? :> >

I put a Draw-Tite hitch on my '03 OBW, and had no problems. It went on just as the instructions said it should.

Reply to
George Schroeder