GC tires - Michelin Cross Terrain 225/75R16

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2001 with about 45k on my Wrangler STs and was thinking of replacing with -

but they don't seem to list the Jeep 225/75R16 as an avail size ?

Reply to
Phil Schuman

The 8th one down in the list is 225/75R16 (click on view detailed sizes blah blah blah) or do I need new glasses ... again ???

Reply to
Bowgus

duh - tnx - I didn't click on the PDF file -

now I'm trying to decide between the Cross Terrain vs the Bridgestone Duehler H/L - after reading the Tire Rack forum-

-- Put the Alenzas on in place of Michelin CrossTerrains. Big Mistake. Continually bounced all over the road, felt every bump & imperfection. Was shaking my truck apart. Had dealer take them off under the 30-day trial and put on a new set of CrossTerrains - what a difference........the SUV rides like a car again - super handling and cornering, smooth ride. Never agin Bridgestone. --

Reply to
Phil Schuman

That size is available.

Be aware this is a Highway All Season Tire not an All Terrain tire. If you only drive on-road it is a very good choice

Reply to
Billy Ray

Check the individual reviews for additional owner thoughts

Reply to
Billy Ray

tnx - I've read thru a lot of the reviews for the various tires. I was going with the Cross Terrain, then got interested in the Bridgestone Dueler H/L. I was going to get the Bridgestone Dueler H/L - but it was a bit pricey ($700) if I only keep the 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo for another couple of years. I might go with the Firestone Destination LE ($450) and also go from the stnadard 225/75R16 to the alt size of 245/70R16

Reply to
Phil Schuman

You might want to take a quick look at the Kumho tires

Reply to
Billy Ray

I am thinking about trying a set of these on my F150. the Tire Rack reviews on the Venture MT are very good.

Chris

I have the Dueler H/L on the wife's RX300, excellent tire and didn't pay anywhere near $700.00 a tire, shop around a bit. Firestone is always running a buy 3 get one free and they will work with you on price if you push for it. Joe Carroll

2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
Joe Carroll

Bridgestone

using Tire Rack as a pricing guide - The Dueler H/L were $484 + $57 shipping + $88 ($22ea install fee) = $629 The retail store quoted $729 installed The Destination LE were $324 + $57 + $88 = $469 The retail store quoted $481 installed

Reply to
Phil Schuman

The 75 series may be substantially cheaper

Reply to
Billy Ray