Grand Cherokee Tires

Hi all,

I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo (Freedom Edition) with the original tires: Goodyear Wrangler SR-A P235/65 R17 about 56K miles.

I want to stick with original size tires but I am looking for suggestions for alternative brands/models. I would prefer to have tires that are similar tread design to the Goodyear.

I do mostly street driving but I don't want to rule out gentle off road activities and when winter rolls in and drops the white stuff I don't want to stay home looking at it.

I asking now so when I go to the store I sort of know what I am looking for.

Barking Dog

Reply to
Barking Dog

I have about 20k on a set of Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas ('01 Grand Cherokee) and am very pleased with them. They are all-season, quiet, and the price is pretty good...around $120 ea I think.

Reply to
TakeFlight

I have TOYO Open Country HT's that I like alot, very smooth ride, excellent wet & dry traction. They are just ok in the snow. Les Shwab is great for after purchase service.

Reply to
JRK58

Barking Dog proclaimed:

Kinda depends on what you have available in the area unless you use Tire Rack or similar.

One that rides far better than the Goodyear is the Michelin M+S which is also available from Sears as the XCT. Far better highway ride and capable of moderate duty snow. Where "moderate" is good enough to pull another glorified mini-van out of the snow up on Carson Pass in a California Sierra winter.

The Pirelli Scorpion AT and the Michelin AT are also good considers. If you do much ice driving, the Michelin Ice may be worth a consider, but I'd recommend switching to the M+S for summer driving.

Reply to
Lon