GC2001 - rear lift gate - small door

On the inside of our 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee lift gate there is a small plastic door/panel that pops off - It's about the size of a post-it note. Question is - why is it there, and what's behind it ? It looks like maybe a cable or wire or something ?

Reply to
Phil Schuman

Phil Schuman did pass the time by typing:

It's the emergency exit for the little gnome that turns off the interior lights after you close the door.

But don't tell him I told you that.

Actually it's an access door so if the latch breaks you can get in and open the door without having to rip the plastic off. (or so I understand)

Reply to
DougW