Grand Wagoneer Door Hinges

Is there a way to repair or replace the pins in door hinges? Both of my rear door hinges have broken pins. The hinges are hard to find. Amy info will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Randall Brink

Reply to
randallbrink

Sounds like a job for a machine shop. Could be pricey.

Saludos cordiales,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

front?

so,> take a small drill and drill a couple of small nail sized holes to make> reassemble alignment easier. Then drive the pins out and replace them with> like sized bolts with the same length of shank, then put back the zerk> fitting Kaiser used.> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comhttp://www.billhughes.com/>

Bill:

No, these are the completely exposed hinges with the dual pins and the small spring. I'm wondering if it wouldn't just be easier to replace each entire hinge, assuming that I could find them?

Randall

Reply to
randallbrink

That's why I'm thinking of replacing the entire lower hinge in both doors, which will mean a search for the hinges. And you're right-- everything's getting pricey on these ageing vehicles, but I still have a high level of determination to keep my FSJ on the road. There's nothing to replace it.

Randall

Reply to
randallbrink

I hope you're not looking at GM type hinges:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Have you tried J.C. Whitney? They have a Jeep section in their catalog, and a (mostly) Jeep specialty catalog.

Reply to
Hootowl

hinges:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comhttp://www.billhughes.com/>

Actually they look somewhat alike, but these are heavy, machined steel hinges. I was able to find a set on eBay, and so am going to replace the ones in the Jeep with those, and then hopefully replace the pins in my current set in case of the need for spares later on.

Reply to
randallbrink

I wasn't aware that JCW had a Jeep catalog, and am glad to hear that. Thanks very much.

Randall Brink

Reply to
randallbrink