hand throttle

Has any one installed one on there Jeep? Do you have to buy the kit . Or could I just make my own? My little trail toy is an 87 with the little 2.5 . Need to keep the volts up when useing the Warn 9000. thanks Mike

87 2.5, 4.88 33" 50 willy's pick v8 flat head
Reply to
Mike chambers

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I have one as part of my manual choke kit.

You have FI, but you could still just get one of those generic choke kits and put it on the throttle linkage. These have a solid core center.

Mike

Mike Romain

Go to your local bike (bicycle, not Hog) shop and get a generic derailleur shifter & cable, run the cable thru the firewall, mount the shifter to your transmission shifter, attach the other end of the cable to your throttle.

That said, mine wore out after a while and now I have this...

helps keep the volts up and the pressure up on the onboard air, well as acting as a crawling cruise control

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

try this link... very informative

J. Sprauer

Thanks Bill . I never thought about it till you told me.Just looking in the wrong place.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Thanks Matt I'll go to the bike shop and look around. That was the idea I had . Just wanted to know if any one had tried it.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Reply to